Saturday, April 19, 2008

6 yo boy follow-up...

It's Sat am - it rained for awhile last night and all the bullfrogs came out. I did see a carpet viper on the way back from the computer lab the other night and we admit 3-6 snake bites per day to the hospital. The 6 yo little boy that I mentioned in my last blog, survived the surgery but inside the belly was lots of pus as he had perforated his small bowel - a well known complication of typhoid fever. He looked better on rounds today. A little perkier and a lower fever. We will advance his diet gradually and say a prayer he makes it. Kavara and I are on call today. We are going to the market at 1 pm to shop then back for a down day.....one of us will have to stay to handle admissions, etc so we will trade off going. I hope to buy some african items to bring back home......off for now. Will try to post pics later. Our cell phone has been down, so no one can call home right now. Have a great weekend back in the states.

No comments: